Here’s a little video teaser from today. I was making some batches of salsa for an event. Cocina from cmckna on Vimeo.
Almost every kitchen I’ve worked in has a stash of “kitchen salsa”, this is what we top our food off with since everything we eat is hand held in some way, no time for plate ware and sit down. This salsa is usually a lot spicier than what you get at your table, it’s usually [...]
Left over mashed potatoes, corn tortillas, and shredded cheese. Hmmm, what to do? Here’s an easy take on a delicious taco. Take a saute pan, add about 1/2 a cup of olive oil blend and heat. Heat mashed potatoes. Heat tortillas. An easy way to do that is to, place them in a zip lock [...]
I just made a batch of roasted tomato salsa for tomorrow. This amount leaves you with about a gallon of salsa, perfect for a party, or if you want to jar some up and give away. I line a skillet with foil and cook the tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos until they are well charred. Take [...]
Picked up some tomatillos for a batch of salsa I had to make for a party. This salsa has a nice acidic flavor to it and goes really well over grilled tofu. Recipe: yields 4 cups 1/2 white onion chopped 15 tomatillos cleaned 3 jalapenos fresh 1 bunch cilantro 2 tsp. cumin kosher salt to [...]
…….salsa. I’ve been wanting to make an asian inspired salsa for awhile. I saw some Japones peppers at the market the other day, grabbed some up an figured I’d take a stab at it. The Japones pepper is similar to a chile de arbol, spicy, and so that means this salsa is too. Enjoy. Recipe: [...]
- Basic Hummus Recipe August 2, 2010
- Chef Corey Miller of The Gypsy Den July 30, 2011
- Spinach & Shiitake Mushroom Enchiladas September 6, 2010
- Sous Chef August 20, 2012
- Easy Tomato Avocado Pita Tacos May 22, 2012
- Vegetarian Food Blogs to Check Out March 3, 2012
- Easy Tomato Avocado Pita Tacos | VeggieProject: [...] make up a batch ahead of time to use through...
- Jen: This is a most yummy recipe!...
- Nick: Wow! Those pics look amazing! I wish I lived close...