These pita “tacos” are super easy to get together for a quick lunch. They are perfect for summer days since they are filling yet light. I use small 4″ whole grain pitas that I found at my local store. For the hummus, I make up a batch ahead of time to use through the week [...]
Here’s a list of some of the other Vegetarian Food Blogs and Vegan Food Blogs that I enjoy reading. These all contain some great vegetarian and vegan recipes and tips. If you have a favorite vegetarian food blog or vegan food blog, share it with us below i the comments section. Enjoy. veggiebelly.com – Great [...]
This smoothie is perfect for the morning. It will keep you feeling full through most of the morning. You could even use this as a dessert shake, just use a smaller portion. recipe: yeilds 5 cups 3 cups almond milk 1 cup oatmeal raw 1 ripe banana 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds 1 tablespoon agave [...]
Fall is here, and here’s the perfect fall soup. We stopped by the farm stand at Boothby’s Orchard in Livermore, Maine to pick up some butternut squashes and apples. This soup is easy to make. I made a full batch to share with others and also to jar some up for another day. This soup is [...]
Quinoa is delicios, the nutty flavor of this grain lends itself nicely to a variety of flavor combos. Using the basic cooking method of quinoa, I chop and add some sun dried tomatoes in with the quinoa to cook. Then after the quinoa is finished cooking I fold in some fresh basil. I also added [...]
Chimichurri is an Argentinean sauce made from garlic and parsley that is usually served with grilled meats. This chimichurri recipe goes great with grilled tofu or any seitan or tempeh products. It goes really well with grilled Morningstar Italian Sausages. For my chimichurri, I like to add a bit of fresh jalapeno, it gives it [...]
- Basic Hummus Recipe August 2, 2010
- Chef Corey Miller of The Gypsy Den July 30, 2011
- Spinach & Shiitake Mushroom Enchiladas September 6, 2010
- Sous Chef August 20, 2012
- Easy Tomato Avocado Pita Tacos May 22, 2012
- Vegetarian Food Blogs to Check Out March 3, 2012
- Easy Tomato Avocado Pita Tacos | VeggieProject: [...] make up a batch ahead of time to use through...
- Jen: This is a most yummy recipe!...
- Nick: Wow! Those pics look amazing! I wish I lived close...