…….salsa. I’ve been wanting to make an asian inspired salsa for awhile. I saw some Japones peppers at the market the other day, grabbed some up an figured I’d take a stab at it. The Japones pepper is similar to a chile de arbol, spicy, and so that means this salsa is too. Enjoy. Recipe: [...]
This is a basic cashew cream recipe to be used as a starter for various sauces. This can be used in place of where you would normally use cream (soups, sauces, dressings, ect.). recipe: makes about 1.5 cups 1 cup raw cashews 1. place cashews in a bowl and cover with water and let soak [...]
This dressing goes great over a spinach salad with goat cheese and toasted almonds. recipe: ½ c. Balsamic vinegar 3 tbsp. honey 1 ½ c. extra-virgin olive oil 1/2 cup cherries 1 ancho chile rehydrated and pureed Salt and pepper to taste directions: add the ancho puree, balsamic vinegar, honey, and cherries to a blender and puree. drizzle [...]
VegeFarm “chicken chunks” are a great product. I found them in the frozen section at Mother’s Market in Lake Forest, CA. It’s seitan, and has a flavor and texture that is mellow and easy to cook with. They crisp up real nice when you saute them with a little bit of oil like I did [...]
This is a great dipping salsa and for topping tacos. The depth of flavor and smokiness from grilling the ingredients adds a nice touch to a simple recipe. I do larger batches when I make this salsa, because I like to give some away and what I do keep around goes bye-bye real quick. recipe: [...]
Nothing beats fresh guacamole. Don’t even think about using that powdered crap from the store or blending sour cream into the guacamole. It is so simple to make guacamole. Get some fresh avocados, limes, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Finely chop the onion, tomato, and cilantro. Remove the flesh from the avocado and place in a [...]
- Basic Hummus Recipe August 2, 2010
- Chef Corey Miller of The Gypsy Den July 30, 2011
- Spinach & Shiitake Mushroom Enchiladas September 6, 2010
- Sous Chef August 20, 2012
- Easy Tomato Avocado Pita Tacos May 22, 2012
- Vegetarian Food Blogs to Check Out March 3, 2012
- Easy Tomato Avocado Pita Tacos | VeggieProject: [...] make up a batch ahead of time to use through...
- Jen: This is a most yummy recipe!...
- Nick: Wow! Those pics look amazing! I wish I lived close...